He was born on June 18, 1942 in Agios Vlasios, Livadia,
Greece. He graduated from the Military Academy in 1966
with the rank of Lieutenant Engineer. He retired in 1999 with
his nal rank of Lieutenant General and was awarded the
title of Honorary Commander of the SDA.
Graduated Civil Engineer of NTUA. Graduate of the Law
School of the University of Athens.
Postgraduate studies: Royal College of Defense Studies in
Honorary distinctions: Medal of Military Value 2nd Class,
Golden Cross of the Order of Honor, Taxiarch of the Order of
Phoenix and others.
• Graduate of ABC School. He was taught drawing at the NTUA and pastel watercolor in
professional courses at London. He developed an artistic activity, which he continues to
date. He is a Member of TEE and EETE.
• He has exhibited paintings in more than thirty-five individual exhibitions and ten group
exhibitions in Athens, Nicosia, Limassol, London, Brussels, Kefallinia, Nafplio, Livadia,
Amfissa, Xanthi, etc. Works of his can be found in private collections in more than thirty
countries around the world.
• He speaks: English, French and Turkish.
• He is the Founder and was President of “Golden Section” Construction Company SA
until 2008, established in 1999 with a view to providing quality services to the field of
study and construction and in which his three sons are also involved.
• Chairman of the Scientific Committee of YΕΘΑ (2000-2004), President of the Levadia
Association “Lambros Katsonis” (2002-2006) and (2015-2018), President of the Alumni
Association ΣΣΕ 1966 (2012 until today) and President of the Association of Veteran
Officers MX (2010-2016).
• Founding member and President of the initiative “Ark of Holistic Education of the
Armed Forces”, founded on May 20, 2015.
• He published the following original works (essays):
1. General Principles of Formation of Urban Military Camps, 1974
2. Method of crossing and bridging rivers, 1982
3. Method of rapid repair of airports, 1983
4. Perspectives of the Military S Academy (1998)
5. Boeotian beauty, (2000)
6. The Woman in Art, (2002)
7. Holistic Education, Essays, “MY LIKYTHOS” (2018)
He has delivered many speeches at cultural associations and open universities, mainly on
“Pedagogy-Andragogy-The Citizen’s figuration “. During the Fourth International Conference of the Society for Boeotian Studies (E.B.M.), Livadia, 2000) he presented the topic
“Boeotian beauty” (Yearbook EVM, Athens 2008, volume D issue (b), pp.447-474).
ABOUT HIS ART WORK
There are fifty of his works in the Armed Forces Academy, as well as at the “Monument
of Sacrifice “, before which the young cadets are sworn in. His paintings feature on two
stamps and posters with a variety of themes.
People have written about him:
“… he distinguishes for the quality and expressive wealth of his means, he impresses with
the power of color and the quality of expression» (Chrysanthos Christou, Academician)
“… his works cause a pleasant surprise and some of them admiration, especially for the
technical ability to handle the difficult material of watercolor… »
(Pan. Tetsis, Painter-Academician)
“… with his artistic instinct and his conquered experience he chose the most appropriate
and harmonious color expression. ”
(George Kalakallas, Sculptor – Professor NTUA)