Funding - Investors
Implementation process for financing projects.
The financing of the “Heptapolis-International Green City”, building complexes is supported by two main pillars:
The first one is related to donations and sponsorships from specific companies, institutions and individuals, which are described in detail in the Heptapolis-Trilogy’s “Heptapolis-Donors and Benefactors Book”.
The second pillar concerns the requested funding from corporate entities of construction companies, investment funds, European programs, International Investment Institutions, and other financial institutions.
The cost determination for each building complex will be based on the degree of financing of each entity, taking into account the qualitative range of financing of the buildings in terms of decorative elements, building materials, floor and wall qualities and paintings on the roofs of the buildings.
Discussions on the proposals of the financing candidates will be accompanied by the necessary variety of technical and artistic specifications to determine the final cost of each building.
The implementation procedure will be indicated as follows:
• Collection of scattered materials of cultural interest, costing, cataloguing,creation of a digital virtual reality collection.
• Employment of staff with sufficient knowledge and cooperation with third parties for software and technical support.
• Research for innovative ideas that will give validity to the project.
• Publicity and promotion of the project.
• The subjects to be registered will be selected on the basis of criteria by members of the consortium’s members which are to be recommended from the scientific committee. They will then be entered into the database for further management.
• In particular, the content will focus on information that is only useful and beneficial to the user, to the exclusion of that which is not useful and sometimes destructive.
The digitization will be carried out using appropriate infrastructure and creating the right environmental conditions. Depending on the original material, appropriate equipment will be selected for Archives, Processing and Imaging Software. Part of the equipment is already available to OLYMPOS foundation and the board.
For the implementation of the project, an appropriately equipped space has been created in the premises of the foundation, including the computer room with servers, web equipment and any other equipment for the development of the information system for the import, management and administration of the digital content.
The most technologically advanced solution has been selected for both the process itself and the infrastructure (scanners, digital machines, etc.) as well as software packages, image processing, etc.
f). Content preservation
For the documentation, a format that allows for web-based transactions will be used. The storage will be done with powerful servers, which will give the possibility of migration to new data sites and new media.
For the implementation of the above, an information system, database, will be developed for the supply and management of the material. Internal network of high capacity data switching. PCS station and necessary software user interface, accessible through e.g. web browsers.
h). Digital Material Management.
It will be done with appropriate software to manage both digital and metadata scientific documentation.
• The material will be documented by categories with criteria that serve the objectives. This will be done in accordance with the specifications, guides and suggestions of the electronic repository indexing (object ID) user manual, plus compliance with international core data standards and other international specifications where applicable.
• Documentation process. The procedure for, open and widely used data standards, concerning digitisation, matching, format, quality and subject content shall be followed.
• Quality control. It concerns the quality process of new content.
• Preservation. It includes metadata that serves the long-term preservation of cultural content.
The joint venture that will be set up will cover a large part of the needs, for scientifically based infrastructure of cultural content.
Provision is made for “core” staff on a dedicated basis, as well as other staff trained by experts responsible for the project.
This concerns the transfer process, both for the repository and for the documentation material.
MAKING AVAILABLE DIGITAL CULTURAL CONTENT
This refers to the process of publishing, making available and displaying, three-dimensional representation and images.