Lieutenant Gen (Rt), Honorary Chief of Artillery of the Hellenic Army General Staff, Honorary Chairman of the Board of Army retired Officers Association.
He was born in Athens in December 1945 and served in the Armed Forces, especially the Ground Forces for 36 consecutive years (1965-2001).
He advanced smoothly throughout the Army echelons.
He has been the commander of two Regiments of Artillery and two Artillery Brigades of Major Formation, namely the 79th Brigade AAA (1988-1990) in Samos and the 107th Brigade of Field Artillery (1991) in Florina, as well as the Artillery Command of the Fourth Army Corps (1996 – 1997) in Xanthi and the 1st Army Artillery Command (1997-1999) in Larissa.
In the last two years of his military career (1999 – 2001) he commanded the Artillery Division of the Army General Staff, and terminated his career successfully with the rank of Lieutenant Gen while receiving the title of Honorary Director of Artillery, Artillery Directorate of the General Army Staff ( G.E.S.).
- From the Superior School of War (A.S.P) in 1983
- The National Defense Academy (S.ETH.A.) in 1995
- From the Faculty of US air defense (1978)
A Graduate Degree from the War College and Command Staff and the US Command and General Staff College (C.G.S.C),in 1987 and 1988 respectively, from which he obtained a Master Degree of Administration..
Greek Defense Attaché in the Embassy of Canada (Ottawa) 1994-1996.
While on active service he was awarded all the distinctions relevant to his positions and rank:
Medal of Military Merit B Class, Medal of Military Merit A Class, Medal Meritorious Command A Class, Gold Cross Order of Merit, Commander of the Order of Phoenix, Commander of the Order of Merit etc.
As a retired officer he was honored by the Ministry of Defense in an ad hoc ceremony (25 April 2014) after the termination of his duties as President of the Union of Retired Officers of the Army, with the Merit Cross and Honor II Order (for offering distinguished services to the Armed Forces and Homeland)
After his retirement:
- From 2003 to 2011 and from 2014 to 2016 he was the elected President of the Alumni Association of Officers of the Order (SS 1969).
- From 2006 to 2011 he was the Vice President of the National Federation of Retired Officers Alumni SSE (P.O.S.A.A.A / pp).
- From 2007 to 2011 he was an elected regular member of the Board of the Association of Retired Officers Artillery (HO GP).
- He was an Executive Member for International Societies of Business Consulters for two years (2005 – 2006)
- He was recognized officially in Lisbon (March 2004) as member (Presidium Member) of the Statute of the European Military Associations (EURO.MIL), http://euromil.org/
- From May 1 2011 until April 30 2014 h served as the 7th Elected Chairman of the Board of the Union of Retired Army Officers (E.A.A.S), Legal Entity of Public Law (LEPL) http://www.eaas.gr/
- From May 1 2011 until April 30 2014, he was a member of the Coordinating Council of the three institutional Veterans Associations (Army, Navy and Air Force).
- From June 2011 to May 2014 hee was a Board member of the Army Pension Fund (M.T.S.) Legal Person of Public Law (LEPL), http://mts.army. gr /.
- He was from June 2011 to May 2014, as Member of the Board of Nursing Foundation of Army Pension Fund (N.I.M.T.S.),which is a Legal Person of Public Law (LEPL), http : //www.nimts.gr/content/.
- From September 2011 to May 2014 he served as an Independent Non-Executive Member of the General Bank of Greece (GE), http://newpost.gr/oikonomia/230831/geniki-bank-neos-proedros-sto- ds